EU funded Twinning Project under the IPA Programme 2012 „Support to the prison system of the Republic of Croatia“
EU funded Twinning Project under the IPA Programme 2012 “Support to the prison system of the Republic of Croatia”
(HR 12 IB JH 01)
is seeking to recruit a
Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor – RTA (ref.002)
Duration: 4 months, from 1st of February 2017 to 8th of June 2017
Position is based in: Ministry of Justice, Ulica grada Vukovara 49, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
Gross monthly salary: 1.800,00 EUR fixed term contract
To provide daily interpretation and translation of project documentation as well as administrative and organizational support to the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) and the short term experts.
Tasks of the RTA Language Assistant:
- Act as a Language Assistant to the RTA and assist visiting short term experts;
- Translate written materials with relation to the project in Croatian and English;
- Interpret during missions, meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other project events;
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relationships with officials involved in the project activities;
- Cooperate and work with RTA Assistant in daily management of the project related activities.
Requirements for the candidates:
- The RTA language assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration;
- Relevant university degree;
- Excellent command of spoken and written Croatian and English language;
- Experience in translation and interpretation, preferably in EU funded project work;
- Flexibility regarding working hours and some ability to travel for the project in Croatia;
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high sense of responsibility and interest in the subjects of the project.
The following skills will be considered an asset for RTA Language Assistant:
- Fluency in spoken and written German and/or Spanish would be advantageous;
- Previous experience in EU funded projects;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and policies and good knowledge of legal terminology in Croatian and English;
- Willingness to work during business trips also inside of Prisons in Croatia and EU Member States;
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application in English via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com with reference to the position RTA Language Assistant (ref. 002) before 27 January 2017.
Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview. Interviews are scheduled to be held at the end of January 2017 in Zagreb.
For any further information please contact Mr. Siegfried Loeprick firstname.lastname@example.org Please find a more detailed version of this announcement on http://www.irz.de/en/about-us/jobs-en-de
The abovementioned Twinning project is a joint project between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Kingdom of Spain represented by the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) and the Spanish Ministry of Home Affairs and Croatia, represented by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia.
The main objective of the project is to improve lifelong learning system for prison staff and juvenile treatment staff, which should then further increase professional and management skills of all categories of the staff and consequently serve as a solid support to implementation of the European Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms regarding prison systems.